* Rice slams Carter for Hamas meeting US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice criticized former US president Jimmy Carter.
* China defends Tibetan crackdown Chinese President Hu Jintao has defended China's crackdown in Tibet.
* Abbas aide warns of 'anarchy' in region If the opportunity of reaching an Israeli-Palestinian peace agreement is missed, there will be "anarchy" in the region.
* US Iraq envoy stresses Arab role The US ambassador to Iraq, Ryan Crocker, has called on Arab countries to do more to support Iraq.
* Swarm of Earthquakes Detected Off Oregon Scientists listening to underwater microphones have detected an unusual swarm of earthquakes off the central Oregon Coast.
* Israeli tanks withdraw from Gaza Israeli forces have withdrawn from Gaza after air and ground operations which left at least eight Palestinians dead.
* Iran complains to UN about Ben-Eliezer Iran has lodged a complaint with UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon over National Infrastructure Minister Binyamin (Fuad) Ben-Eliezer's remarks.
* U.K. advertising watchdog nixes 'misleading' Israel tourist ad A British advertising watchdog has ordered a tourist office affiliated with Israel to withdraw a magazine ad that implies that a West Bank landmark is actually in Israel.
* China's President Hu, Taiwan's Vice President Meet Taiwan's incoming vice president, Vincent Siew, met briefly Saturday with Chinese President Hu Jintao.* Gaza power plant chief: Fuel to run out in 2-3 days The director of Gaza's only power plant says he'll have to shut it down in two to three days unless Israel resumes fuel shipments.