* In first, US Military shoots down Syrian Warplane The US military said it downed the Syrian jet over Raqqa in a rare incident that marks a flareup in the war-wrought country.
* Washington Ignores Saudi "Involvement in Supporting Terrorism and Terrorist Groups" Saudi Arabia is the second largest source of ISIS fighters from Muslim-majority countries, with an estimated 2,500, according to a working paper produced by the National Bureau of Economic Research.
* Iraq's al-Abadi to visit S.Arabia, Kuwait, Iran soon TEHRAN - Iraq's Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi will soon visit Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and then Iran as a reconciliatory effort as the Saudi-led political and economic boycott of Qatar is escalating, according to Iraqi media outlets.
* Missile strike on ISIS turning Iran into a world power Analysis: By firing surface-to-surface missiles with a range of up to 700 kilometers into Syria, Iran is both avenging the terror attacks in Tehran and claiming the status and prestige of a military, regional and maybe even global power.
* Escalation in S. Syria with Iranian-led gains A joint Syrian army-Hizballah force was unable in two weeks of vicious warfare to break the resistance of the Syrian rebels holding out in Daraa and capture the southern Syrian town.
* This Secret Catholic Exorcist Cult in Brazil Is Making a Deal With the Devil The Vatican is looking into a group of exorcists who apparently made a pact with Satan on climate change and the death of Pope Francis.
* Bennett submits bill to make it 'impossible' to divide Jerusalem Jewish Home leader wants to change Basic Law to require two-thirds Knesset approval before handing over parts of capital under any peace deal.
* Brexit talks begin amid uncertainty The UK will begin historic talks to leave the European Union on Monday (19 June), one year after voters opted to quit the bloc in a referendum.
* Hasmonean Fortress of Machaerus Unearthed - on "Wrong" Side of Border [PHOTOS] A Hungarian archaeological mission digging in the ruins of Machaerus, a fortress built by King Herod on the eastern shore of the Dead Sea located in modern Jordan, has discovered a large ritual bath which were likely constructed for the royal family's use.
* Soft Sharia in Turkey The bad news about the Turkish justice system is that it is increasingly religiously ideological, reminiscent of the Ottoman justice system where non-Muslims were legally inferior to the Muslims and were constantly reminded of their inferiority to the dominant community through restrictions and markers.