* Yom HaZikaron begins this evening at nightfall The beginning of "The Yishuv" in 1860, marked the first uprisings against the Jewish people in Israel, when Moshe Montefiori developed Mishkenot Shaananim.
* 69 Years of Independence: Israel By The Numbers In accordance with its annual practice prior to Israeli Independence Day, the Central Bureau of Statistics (CBS) has published data this week that offer insight into the evolution of the Israeli population and economy.
* US Marines deployed in Syria to defend Kurds against Turkey The US has sent a group of US Marines armed with eight-wheeled Stryker armored carriers to northern Syria as a buffer between Syrian Kurds and Turkish forces.
* Russia Deploys Gigantic A-50U Airborne Early Warning And Control Aircraft To Syria The Russian military has deployed the airborne early warning and control (AEW) aircraft to Syria.
* Israel dismisses purportedly 'friendlier' Hamas charter Palestinian terror group, forced to postpone document's release, won't succeed in bid to 'fool the world,' Netanyahu spokesperson says.
* In Pictures: Israel pays tribute to fallen on Memorial Day A look at the country's heartfelt commemoration of the thousands of people who have died from war and terror attacks.
* France election: Le Pen and Macron spar ahead of run-off The two rivals in France's presidential race have traded accusations at the start of the last week of campaigning.
* Israel, the greatest success of the 20th century Op-ed: Communism is dead, fascism is dead. What is left? Zionism and the Zionist idea.
* Israel to UNESCO: Reject fake history on Jerusalem A day prior to a UNESCO vote in Paris on a resolution that rejects Israel's sovereignty in Jerusalem, Israel's Deputy FM Tzipi Hotovely called attempts to promote the resolution "fake history."
* Tony Blair teases political return to get 'hands dirty' in fight against Brexit Controversial former UK Labor Prime Minister Tony Blair has announced that he is going to return to UK politics, motivated by Brexit and willing to change the situation amid the debates on the terms of the exit from the EU.