* Iran firmly committed to developing missile capability, says defense minister, amid hostility in the region The Iranian defense minister has reaffirmed his country’s commitment to strengthening its missile capabilities as Trump-era sanctions remain in place and tensions with Israel and the new US administration worsen.
Thursday, March 18, 2021
* Iran has built new ballistic missile launch positions, satellite images show The Iranian Khorgo underground ballistic missile site is almost operational after new launching positions were constructed, satellite images obtained by Fox News show.
* Israel-Jordan tensions rise over canceled trips and campaign rhetoric Israeli-Jordanian relations deteriorated into a crisis this week with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s election campaign helping to bring tensions to the brink of an explosion.
* The Canceled Visit of the Jordanian Crown Prince to the Temple Mount The seemingly innocent plan to have Jordanian Crown Prince Hussein visit the Temple Mount on March 11 was not arranged by chance.
* UAE said to shelve plans for Israel-US summit amid anger at PM’s electioneering Netanyahu’s apparent use of Gulf nation in campaign said to cause Abu Dhabi to halt arrangements for April confab with senior Biden officials and Arab leaders who normalized ties.
* Israel and the China Dilemma In the late spring of 2020, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo visited Israel. His visit came after Israel formed a coalition government between Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s Likud and Benny Gantz’s Blue and White Party.
* Biden seeks Palestinian ‘reset,’ return to ‘1967 lines,’ says memo According to the memo, the goal is to achieve Israeli-Palestinian peace under a two-state solution framework “based on the 1967 lines with mutually agreed land swaps and agreements on security and refugees.”
* Four people on terror watchlist arrested at US/Mexico border since October Three were from Yemen and one from Serbia. The Yemenis were almost certainly jihad terrorists, and the Serb likely was as well.
* H.R.1 – Is It Really "For the People"? H.R.1 is nearly 800 pages of meritless, militant, social engineering targeting the foundations of the U.S. Constitution, voting rights and political free speech -- all dressed-up as being "for the people."
* Rebel priests defy Vatican, vow to bless same-sex couples A dissident band of Roman Catholic priests leading a disobedience campaign against the Vatican said on Tuesday they would carry on blessing same-sex couples in defiance of Church orders.
Posted by Shofar Communications at 12:39 PM