* UN's Ban arrives, says no country would allow rockets to rain down on its cities PM meets with UN chief Ban Ki-moon who urges Israel to 'exercise maximum restraint'; condemns Hamas' use of schools, hospitals to launch rockets.
* Gaza conflict: UN chief Ban urges end to fighting United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has urged Israel and the Palestinians to "stop fighting" and "start talking" to end the conflict in Gaza.
* MH17 bodies leave Ukraine rebel area and reach Kharkiv A train carrying the remains of victims of the Malaysian airliner which crashed in Ukraine has arrived in the city of Kharkiv, outside rebel territory.
* AFTER 2,000 YEARS, THE LAST CHRISTIAN IS FORCED TO LEAVE MOSUL The last Christian reportedly left Iraq's second largest city of Mosul at 12:00pm on Saturday, ending over 6,000 years of Assyrian history in the city.
* French ease ban on pro-Gaza demonstrations in Paris The French authorities have reportedly authorised a demonstration in support for Gaza on Wednesday (23 July) after two government-banned protests over the weekend turned violent.
* Analysis: Kerry intent on a Gaza truce US Secretary of State John Kerry voiced a great deal of urgency in wanting to get over to the Middle East and broker a cease-fire.
* Obama signs order protecting some gay workers President Barack Obama has signed an order banning federal government contractors from discriminating against gay and transgender workers.
* Hundreds Join Pro-Hamas Demonstration in Ramallah Hundreds of Palestinian Arabs demonstrated in the streets of Ramallah on Monday, according to Safa news agency, in support for Hamas and its constant barrage of rocket fire on Israel.
* Private jets, restaurants, luxury hotels: the good life of senior Hamas officials Hamas leaders are facing criticism inside and outside of Gaza for enjoying a comfortable lifestyle while Gazans suffer.
* Torah's Protective Edge The rabbis teach that nothing ever happens in the course of a week that cannot be found in the weekly Torah portion read in Jewish homes and synagogues around the world.