* ‘This will be a very warm peace’: Netanyahu hails Israel’s new ties with Morocco At Western Wall Hanukkah ceremony, PM notes historic friendship between Moroccans and Jews, says working toward establishing full diplomatic relations ‘as rapidly as possible’.
Friday, December 11, 2020
* Israel joins UAE, Morocco and Bahrain in Int'l Security Alliance The move is "an important step in promoting peace security in our region."
* Iranian official: Moroccan normalization with Israel ‘betrayal’ of Palestinians Islamic Republic becomes one of few countries in region to oppose Trump-brokered deal; Oman rumored to be next to establish ties with Israel, praises agreement.
* Morocco agrees to normalize ties with Israel It’s part of a deal in which the United States will recognize the disputed territory of Western Sahara as part of Morocco, becoming the only Western country to do so.
* Middle East Peace Moves Set Off A Frantic Arms Race A peace deal doesn't normally trigger an explosion in weapons sales for defense stocks, but this is 2020.
* Fears Iran-backed militias in Iraq readying attack to avenge nuke chief – report Armed groups said making unspecified ‘preparations’ as tensions in region rise following killing of Mohsen Fakhrizadeh, and ahead of anniversary of Soleimani killing.
* Iran's Supreme Leader: Who might succeed Ali Khamenei? Recent rumors about the health of Iran's Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, have thrown the spotlight on what will happen if he becomes too ill to rule, or dies.
* Factbox-Rifts that divide NATO allies Turkey and United States The United States is poised to impose sanctions on Turkey over its acquisition of Russian S-400 air defence systems, a step likely to worsen relations between the two NATO allies that are already strained by a range of disputes.
* Abbas’ Fatah threatens Arabs selling land to Jews in Jerusalem According to Palestinian Authority law, it is a criminal offence for Palestinians to sell land to Jews.
* The Tragic Story of the Babylonian Captivity Throughout history, the Jewish people have been subjected to prejudice, systemic oppression, ostracization, exile, slavery, and mass murder.
Posted by Shofar Communications at 12:38 PM