* 'We'll hit Israeli nuclear facilities' Iran threatened Saturday to strike Israel's nuclear installations if it is attacked by the Jewish state.
* North Korea 'executes Christians' Human rights groups in South Korea say North Korea has stepped up executions of Christians, some of them in public.
* British foreign minister urges acceptance of Arab Peace Plan British Foreign Minister David Miliband told his Syrian counterpart on Friday that the Arab Peace Initiative was the best opportunity.
* Syria: We can help solve Iran nuclear dispute Syria can play a role in finding a political solution to nuclear and other disputes between Iran and the West.
* Netanyahu hails spirit of Arab peace initiative Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu on Thursday expressed interest in the Arab Peace Initiative for the first time.
* Why is Israel suddenly resuming immigration from Ethiopia? Quietly, without fanfare or any sort of serious debate, the government is resuming Falashmura immigration from Ethiopia.
* Iraqi Kurds head to the polls Polls opened Saturday in presidential and parliamentary elections in Iraq's autonomous region of Kurdistan.
* Global protests over Iranian crackdown Protesters in dozens of cities worldwide on Saturday demanded the release of hundreds of detainees in Iran.
* India widens climate rift with west A split between rich and poor nations in the run-up to climate-change talks widened on Thursday.
* WHO says pandemic gaining speed, sees winter risks The H1N1 flu virus is starting to infect older people, and pregnant women and the obese are at highest risk, the World Health Organization said.