* Al-Qaida leader calls for Jihad against Israel Al-Qaida leader Ayman al-Zawahri urged Syrians to unite to bring down President Bashar Assad.
* Austria to pull peacekeepers from Golan ceasefire area Austria will withdraw its peacekeepers from the UN monitoring force on the Golan Heights given worsening fighting between Syrian government forces and rebels.
* Syrian tanks in Golan; Austria withdraws peacekeeping forces In wake of ongoing battles in the Golan Heights, Austria has announced it is withdrawing its forces from the UNDOF peacekeeping force active in the region.
* Iran, Hizbullah to 'Fight to the Death' for Assad Iran and Hizbullah are doing everything they can to keep Bashar Assad in power in Syria.
* Hamas denies endorsing ties with Hezbollah A Hamas military spokesman on Wednesday denied that his movement supports an alliance with the Shiite Lebanese movement Hezbollah.
* 'Anti-Semitism Pervades Al Qaeda Magazine' In an ongoing effort to recruit and attract jihadists, Al Qaeda's "Inspire" magazine continues to promote anti-Semitic narratives.
* Council of Europe: Stop settlement construction Israel must stop settlement construction and release Palestinian parliamentarians from prison.
* Nasa's Curiosity Mars rover reaching turning point Nasa is finally thinking about getting its Curiosity rover on the road and heading towards the big mountain at its exploration site in Mars' Gale Crater.
* Babies practise crying in the womb, Durham researchers claim They believe the foetus is "learning" how to communicate after birth, through crying or grimacing in the womb.
* US 'orders Verizon to disclose millions of phone records' Senior US Senator Dianne Feinstein has confirmed the secret court order was a three-month renewal of an ongoing practice.