* Russia 'ends Georgia operation' Russian President Dmitry Medvedev has ordered an end to military operations against Georgia.
* 'Syria and Hizbullah gaining strength' Defense Minister Ehud Barak said on Tuesday that "it is not a coincidence that the IDF is holding intensive drills in the Golan Heights."
* Israel 'proposes West Bank deal' Israel has offered a peace deal to the Palestinians which would annex 7.3% of the West Bank and keep the largest settlements.
* Iran builds new, smart submarine Iran's military capabilities have "increased remarkably" after the construction of a new submarine.
* Jordan's king in first Iraq visit King Abdullah of Jordan has become the first Arab head of state to visit Iraq since the US-led invasion to overthrow Saddam Hussein in 2003.
* Assad to discuss ME peace process in Russia Syrian President Bashar Assad is scheduled to visit Moscow next week.
* German 'Nazi' youth camp raided A youth camp run by a neo-Nazi group has been broken up by police near Rostock in northern Germany.
* Abbas rejects Olmert proposal Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas has rejected an Israeli peace proposal because it does not provide for a contiguous Palestinian state with Jerusalem as its capital.
* U.S. ship heads for Arctic to define territory A U.S. Coast Guard cutter will embark on an Arctic voyage this week to determine the extent of the continental shelf north of Alaska and map the ocean floor.* Train to the Western Wall Jerusalem's new light train may reach the Western Wall, according to a meeting held by the capital's municipality.