* Navy wants commando 'mothership' in Middle East The Pentagon is rushing to send a large floating base for commando teams to the Middle East.
* Peres: Iran the most corrupt country on earth President Shimon Peres voiced concern over Hamas' foreign funding but expressed hope that direct talks with the Palestinian Authority could bring an end to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict in an interview with CNN.
* Saudis seek new security allies, sign nuclear agreement with China Saudi Arabia has been leading a Gulf Arab effort to conduct an independent security policy that was not dependent on the United States.
* Security and Defense: Waiting for a trigger In 2008, the IDF developed the "knocking on the roof" tactic.
* In Egypt, surprises a year into revolution One year on, Egypt's revolution isn't many of the things that either the Egyptians themselves or those on from the outside think.
* Survey: Record number of Israeli Jews believe in God Fully 80 percent of Israeli Jews believe that God exists.
* Arab League freezes monitoring mission in Syria The Arab League has suspended its monitoring mission in Syria because of an escalation of violence.
* Russia ready to engage on UN Syria resolution Russia's UN Ambassador Vitaly Churkin said a European-Arab draft resolution on Syria circulated to the UN Security Council.
* European Parliament President: 'Never Again' Both the incoming and outgoing presidents of the European Parliament vowed "never again".
* PA official: Palestinians to rule on fate of Israel peace talks in days The executive committee of the Palestinian Liberation Organization (PLO) is expected to rule whether or not to continue the Jordan-mediated low-level peace talks with Israel.