* UK: Iran tested nuclear-capable missiles Iran has carried out secret tests of ballistic missiles capable of delivering a nuclear payload in breach of UN resolutions.
* 'World economy at stake' in Greek austerity vote Europe ramped up pressure on the Greek parliament Tuesday to approve drastic austerity measures.
* Israel Warns Assad He Is on Death List If He Attacks: Report A Kuwaiti newspaper reports that Israel has warned Syrian President Bashar Assad that if he will be targeted if he tries to start a war with Israel.
* Jordan to oppose PA statehood bid A senior Jordanian official says the Hashemite kingdom will vote against a Palestinian statehood bid.
* As police crush protests, EU narrowly wins Greek vote As the Greek parliament managed to narrowly pass a package of sweeping privatisation and draconian cuts to public services at the insistence of the EU and IMF, police deployed an unprecedented level of violence.
* Gaza-bound flotilla underway French ship Dignity which departed for the rendezvous with vessels participating in the Gaza flotilla on Saturday has apparently decided to skip the Athens stop.
* Fayyad: UN's 'PA State' Symbolic Only Palestinian Authority Prime Minister Salam Fayyad admitted Tuesday that United Nations recognition of a PA state would basically change nothing.
* EU holds on to IMF chairmanship French finance minister Christine Lagarde has been appointed as the new chief of the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
* Official: More than 1,000 hurt in Egypt clashes A senior official says more than 1,000 people have been hurt in two days of clashes between police and protesters.
* Gaza flotilla makes Internet splash It may still be anyone's guess when a small international convoy of vessels carrying pro-Palestinian activists will set sail from Greece to the Gaza Strip in a challenge to Israel's naval blockade.