* Some Shi'ites link Saudi king's death to end times, return of the Mahdi "But some Shiite scholars think differently about the matter, believing that Abdullah's death will mark the beginning of a chain of great events that will shock the world."
* Ya'alon: Iran seeking to open front against Israel on Golan Heights Defense minister makes comments while visiting IAI's Missiles and Satellites plant; says Israel's satellites in space are able to track long-range threats, particularly Iran.
* Radical Left takes power in Greece The head of Greece's far-left Syriza party, Alexis Tsipras, has been sworn in as prime minister and is set to lead an anti-austerity coalition government.
* Obama in India joins Modi at Delhi Republic Day parade US President Barack Obama has attended India's Republic Day parade in Delhi, the first US head of state to do so.
* New Saudi king ascends the throne as terrorism threat grows At 3 a.m. on a cold desert night earlier this month, four Islamic State militants carrying guns, grenades and cash slipped into Saudi Arabia here through a hole in the new heavy fencing that separates this country from Iraq.
* Ukraine conflict: Putin 'foreign legion' remarks nonsense - Nato Nato's chief has dismissed as "nonsense" a claim by Russia's Vladimir Putin that the Ukrainian army operates as a "foreign legion" for the alliance.
* Saudi Arabia's New King Helped Fund Radical Terrorist Groups Monarch tied to anti-Semitic Muslim clerics, funding of jihad .
* Most Germans want to put the Holocaust behind them, survey finds Almost half of Germans have a poor opinion of Israel, and a third equate Israeli policies toward the Palestinians with Nazi policies toward the Jews .
* Iran: Goal Remains Israel's Full Obliteration A top Iranian general last week reiterated that one of the Islamic Republic's chief military goals remains the "full obliteration" of the Jewish State of Israel, according to Iran's state-run PRESSTV.
* Greece and Ukraine top EU agenda this WEEK EU finance chiefs will this week digest Syriza's victory in Greece, while top diplomats attend an emergency meeting on Ukraine.