* 45 crushed to death, over 150 hurt in stampede at mass Lag B’Omer event in Meron Many in critical condition as ambulances, helicopters evacuate victims from largest gathering held in Israel since COVID outbreak; kids said among dead, injured.
Friday, April 30, 2021
Thursday, April 29, 2021
* How Iran’s Militia Proxies Could Threaten Israel From These Four Countries If tensions between the State of Israel and the Islamic Republic of Iran deteriorate into an all-out war, the former could face Iran-backed militia proxy attacks from up to four regional countries.
Wednesday, April 28, 2021
* EU moves to stop funding Palestinian terrorists, inciting textbooks The new guideline doubles down on the European Parliament’s commitment to prevent EU donations from ending up in the hands of terrorists, by calling for proactive recovery of funds.
Tuesday, April 27, 2021
* Opinion: Israel has no choice but to act on its own to stop Iran The inescapable conclusion from these events is that the Israelis should be in no doubt about the fact that they are being abandoned by the United States with respect to Iran.
Monday, April 26, 2021
* Jerusalem escalation could be how Israel's next war starts - analysis It is important to understand that this timeline is similar to how tensions grew in 2014 and other cycles that led to tensions in Gaza and Jerusalem.
Saturday, April 24, 2021
* Gaza terror groups say rockets fired over Jerusalem unrest, warn worse to come Fatah’s Al-Aqsa Martyrs’ Brigade, PFLP’s Abu Ali Mustapha Brigades take responsibility for attacks; UN envoy: Rocket fire violates int’l law, we’re acting to stop escalation.
Friday, April 23, 2021
* With US Exiting Afghanistan, Russia and China May Move In Following President Joe Biden’s announcement last week that US forces will withdraw from Afghanistan by Sept. 11, 2021, multiple outlets are reporting that both China and Russia may increase their involvement in the country once the last US boot is off Afghan soil.
Thursday, April 22, 2021
* Aiming at Dimona: Did the Syrian regime purposely target Israel? Much remains unclear about the incident on April 22, including why Syria fired a missile so wildly and so far south into Israel – and whether Israel’s interceptors failed to stop the threat.
Wednesday, April 21, 2021
* Netanyahu gives up on forming a government He said he would instead seek a direct election for prime minister, which he said would pass if Yamina supported it.
Tuesday, April 20, 2021
* Russian military build-up numbers more than 100,000 troops, EU says Russia has temporarily restricted the movement of foreign warships and what it called "other state ships" near Crimea.
Monday, April 19, 2021
Saturday, April 17, 2021
* 70,000 Muslim worshipers flock to Jerusalem for 1st Friday prayers of Ramadan Prayers held peacefully, despite police fears of violence after 3 consecutive nights of rioting; gathering at site is the largest since start of pandemic.
* European powers warn Iran over fate of talks after 60% enrichment move The European powers party to the Iran nuclear deal told Tehran on Wednesday that its decision to enrich uranium at 60% purity and install a further 1,000 centrifuges at its Natanz site were contrary to efforts to revive the 2015 nuclear deal.
* Palestine condemns Boris Johnson for opposing ICC Israel investigation PM accused of giving ‘carte blanche to Israel’ by saying court had no right to examine alleged war crimes.
Friday, April 16, 2021
* Biden quotes ‘Holy Qur’an’ in Ramadan greeting, says ‘Muslim Americans have enriched our country since our founding’ Obama insisted that Muslims had enriched America since its founding, and now Biden is saying the same thing. But repetition won’t make it true.
Thursday, April 15, 2021
* Independence Day: In 73 years, Israel has accomplished so much - editorial As Israel celebrates its 73rd birthday on Thursday, it is worth remembering that there are those who have said from the very beginning that it cannot survive.
Wednesday, April 14, 2021
* Independence Day: The technologies making Israel proud in 2021 A new Israeli COVID test developed at Sheba Medical Center can detect coronavirus in a fluid sample in just 20 seconds artificial corneas, animated ancestors, drones, desalination and more.
Tuesday, April 13, 2021
* The Cold War is re-emerging in the Middle East The Russians, as well as their Chinese “frenemies,” see America’s retreat from the region as an opportunity to swoop in, fill the void and flex their muscles. Op-ed.
Monday, April 12, 2021
* Netanyahu to visiting US defense secretary: We won’t let Iran obtain nukes Following attack on Iran’s Natanz facility, which has been blamed on Israel, PM says US-Israeli cooperation is ‘crucial’ to combat threats facing both countries.
Saturday, April 10, 2021
* Sirens blare as Israel comes to a standstill in remembrance of Holocaust victims Public life stops during 2 minutes of silence dedicated to memory of 6 million Jews killed, as daytime ceremonies honoring those persecuted by the Nazi regime get underway.
Friday, April 09, 2021
* Iran is testing nuclear-capable missiles, Israeli ambassador reveals Iran has been testing nuclear ballistic missiles for months, violating UN Resolution 2231, Israeli ambassador Gilad Erdan reveals.
Thursday, April 08, 2021
* Holocaust Remembrance Day: Remember, appreciate Israel - editorial It is difficult to appreciate the wonder and miracle of the Jewish state unless you step back and remember what things looked like without it.
Wednesday, April 07, 2021
* Israel shifts focus to Tehran’s sea bridge, strikes Guards ship in the Red Sea A US official told The New York Times that Israel had informed Washington of an attack by its forces on the IRGC-flagged Saviz in the Red Sea on Tuesday, April 6, in reprisal for Iranian strikes against its merchant vessels.
Tuesday, April 06, 2021
* On eve of Iran talks, Netanyahu warns Tehran against harming Israel During his speech in Jaffa, Netanyahu spoke of the difficulty of relying on allies and friends, and the importance of self-defense.
Monday, April 05, 2021
* EU pledges backing to Ukraine after Russian military buildup European envoy says Kiev has its ‘unwavering support’ while Moscow denies threatening behaviour.