* Is the US ready to rescind Golan sovereignty recognition? Israel has been clear from the start that it has no intention of withdrawing from that territory.
Friday, June 25, 2021
* UN urges Israel to ‘immediately’ halt settlement expansion UN Mideast envoy Tor Wennesland says he is ‘deeply troubled’ by Israel’s plan to expand illegal settlements in occupied Palestinian territories.
* Israel Defense Chief Reiterates Opposition to US Re-Entry in Iran Nuke Deal Israel Defense Forces chief of staff Lt. Gen. Aviv Kochavi has doubled down on the nation’s opposition to the United States rejoining the Iran nuclear deal.
* Hamas’ growing closeness to Iran and Assad regime enrages Syrian opposition According to MEMRI, “The recent Hamas-Israel conflict brought into focus the years-long close relationship between Hamas and Iran.
* Israel-Hamas truce remains very fragile - UN envoy "Everyone must do their part to facilitate ongoing discussions to stabilize the situation on the ground and avoid another devastating escalation in Gaza," he said.
* Putin, Ukraine, and Russian Red Lines Many are still wondering whether Vladimir Putin’s massive troop deployment in conflict zones in the Donbas and the Crimean Peninsula in the spring of 2021 was preparation for eventual war and territorial gain or simply a public relations exercise meant to intimidate Ukraine and the West.
* Russian Navy & Air Force begin major exercise in Mediterranean Sea as supersonic interceptor planes join country's Black Sea Fleet On Friday morning, Russia's Navy kicked off a joint exercise in the Mediterranean Sea, where, alongside the Air Force, it will conduct war games involving cruisers, frigates, and submarines from the country's Black Sea Fleet.
* Fractious EU summit rejects Franco-German plan for Putin talks Bloc to explore sanctions instead, as gathering also holds ‘emotional’ debate over Hungary’s LGBT laws.
* Can Mississippi’s Last Abortion Clinic Survive? Long before the funky restaurants and shops began to turn Fondren into Jackson’s trendiest district, the neighborhood’s landmark institution was a bright pink building, surrounded by a concrete and iron wall, 8 feet tall at its peak, that is Mississippi’s last abortion clinic.
* An excuse to attack the Jews and Israel Gaining perspective on the antisemitic reactions to Operation Guardian of the Walls: how villifying Israel is exposed as Jew-hatred. Op-ed.
Posted by Shofar Communications at 10:26 AM