* Rosh Hashanah, The Jewish New Year, Begins Wednesday Night The Jewish People begin the High Holydays on Wednesday evening, ushering in the year 5772.
* France: Iran nuke drive raises risk of strike France's UN envoy warned that Iran faces the risk of a military strike if it pursues its nuclear drive.
* UN review panel mulls Palestinian statehood bid The UN Security Council has handed the Palestinian bid for full membership of the world body to a review panel.
* U.S. demands action on Pakistani terrorist network The United States on Tuesday demanded that Pakistan dismantle a terrorist network blamed for attacking a U.S. embassy.
* Iran begins mass producing cruise missile for Navy Iran has begun to mass produce the Qader marine cruise missile, designed to target warships, frigates and coastal targets.
* Region Watch: Storm clouds over eastern Mediterranean Early this week, the US-based Noble Energy Company began exploratory drilling for offshore gas deposits off the coast of Cyprus.
* Security forces on high alert ahead of holiday weekend As Israel readies to welcome Rosh Hashana, the nation's security forces have declared a high state of alert.
* Taiwan 7-Eleven suspends sales of cartoon products resembling Hitler The 7-Eleven convenience store chain in Taiwan has suspended sales of cartoon products said to resemble Adolf Hitler.
* EU 'faces its greatest challenge' - Jose Manuel Barroso The head of the European Commission has told Euro MPs that Greece will stay in the eurozone.
* Iranian Pastor Faces Execution for Refusing to Recant Christian Faith An Iranian pastor who has refused to renounce his Christian faith faces execution as early as Wednesday after his sentence was upheld by an Iranian court.