* Analysis: Obama's Afghanistan Withdrawal Speech - Text & Subtext U.S. President Barack Obama announced on Wednesday the withdrawal of 33,000 American troops by next summer.
* Syrian troops near Turkish border, refugees flee Syrian troops massed near the Turkish border, witnesses said on Thursday.
* Hizbullah May Attack Israel to Take Spotlight off Syria Lebanese terror organization and political force Hizbullah is preparing for a possible war with Israel.
* 'Frantic' Arms Race in Middle East, Says Air Force Chief "The Middle East is in the throes of a frantic arms race, both in numbers of weapons and unbelievable financial costs", Maj. Gen. Ido Nehoshtan.
* Ashton's secret diplomacy upsets EU states EU foreign relations chief Catherine Ashton has annoyed some member states by taking part in a secretive meeting.
* 2012 Troop Pullback Worries Military Experts On Afghanistan’s battlefields, the most significant effect of President Obama’s latest orders will be felt at this time next year.
* Third Intifada App Removed from Apple 'App Store' A computer application called “The 3rd Intifada” has been removed by the giant Apple computer firm from its App Store.
* 'Hezbollah preparing for war against Israel to protect Syria's Assad' Lebanon's Hezbollah militant group is preparing for a possible war with Israel to relieve perceived Western pressure to topple Syrian President Bashar Assad.
* Dutch court acquits anti-Islam lawmaker A Dutch court acquitted right-wing politician Geert Wilders of hate speech and discrimination.
* Libya conflict: Gaddafi accuses Nato of murder Libyan leader Col Muammar Gaddafi has accused Nato states of murder.