* Independence Day Thoughts, Part II Israeli independence has two aspects. First, that we are able once again to fulfill the positive Torah commandment of living in and settling the Land.
* Al-Qaeda 'confirms Bin Laden's death' Al-Qaeda has confirmed the death of its leader, Osama Bin Laden, according to a statement attributed to the group and posted on jihadist internet forums.
* Syrian leader kept off EU sanctions list EU countries have agreed to impose a travel ban and asset freeze on 13 high-level Syrian regime members.
* Ahmadinejad allies charged with sorcery Close allies of Iran's president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, have been accused of using supernatural powers to further his policies.
* Katz: Palestinian state will be an Iranian foothold Transportation Minister Yisrael Katz spoke out on Friday against a unilateral declaration of Palestinian statehood.
* Egyptians denounce 'normalization' at embassy in Cairo Protesters descended on the Israeli embassy in Cairo on Friday, calling for a complete halt in Egyptian cooperation with Israel.
* Israel to honor its 22,867 fallen Monday A two-minute siren will sound across Israel on Monday morning in memory of 22,867 fallen soldiers and terror attack victims.
* EU to transfer funds to PA The EU announced a $124 million funds transfer to the Palestinian Authority as hundreds of Palestinians marched through the West Bank Friday.
* Jordan's Abdullah II Backs Fatah-Hamas Unity Deal Underscoring the chill in relations between Israel and Jordan since his ascension to the throne in 1999, King Abdullah II on Wednesday welcomed Cairo's Fatah-Hamas reconciliation.
* Internet chatter up on bin Laden revenge attacks Pipe bombs, a targeted car crash, a lone gunman: Western intelligence officials said Friday they are seeing increased Internet and phone chatter.