* IDF Trains to Repel Alien Invasion The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) put a somewhat humorous spin on a very serious training exercise this week, asking members of the Air Force cyber unit "Ofek" to disrupt and sabotage fictitious invading alien spacecraft.
* Saudis "would let Israeli jets use their air space to attack Iran" Kingdom merely wants "some sign of progress" on Palestinian issue, according to unnamed senior European source in TV report.
* Forced from Damascus, Hamas establishing itself in Turkey Islamist group sets up 'West Bank and Jerusalem Headquarters' in Istanbul, taking advantage of deteriorating ties between Ankara and Jerusalem, using it as base for recruitment.
* How Iran's military chiefs operate in Iraq Iraqi Shi'ites have grown to trust powerful Iranian-backed militias, with dozens of paramilitary groups uniting under secretive branch of Iraqi government that takes lead role in many of Iraq's security operations.
* Islamic State in Syria abducts at least 150 Christians Islamic State militants have abducted at least 150 people from Assyrian Christian villages in northeastern Syria they had raided, Christian Syrian activists said on Tuesda.
* Amnesty calls on UN powers to lose veto on genocide votes Amnesty International has urged the five permanent members of the UN Security Council to give up their power of veto in cases where atrocities are being committed.
* "Mein Kampf": A historical tool, or Hitler's voice from beyond the grave? Old copies of the offending tome are kept in a secure "poison cabinet," a literary danger zone in the dark recesses of the vast Bavarian State Library. A team of experts vets every request to see one, keeping the toxic text away from the prying eyes of the idly curious or those who might seek to exalt it.
* Saudi Arabia court gives death penalty to man who renounced his Muslim faith Death sentence for apostasy marks a new test case for Saudi Arabia's human rights record as its most powerful rising prince visits Downing Street.
* Iranian army chief: Zionists, West created Islamic State Chief of staff of the Iranian armed forces US, Israel and Britain created and supported Islamic State.
* US national security advisor Rice says Netanyahu address 'destructive' Rice says that politics had not been injected into the US-Israel relationship until Netanyahu's Congress invitation.