* US embassies to reopen after al-Qaeda terror alert The US says 18 of the 19 diplomatic missions recently closed due to security threats will reopen on Sunday.
* Israel's Sinai dilemma The growing presence of terrorist groups in Sinai threaten Israeli national security, but unlike the Gaza Strip, Israel can't openly carry out counter-terrorism strikes in sovereign Egyptian territory.
* US, Russia agree to prepare for elusive Syria peace talks Moscow and Washington have been trying since May to organize an int'l peace conference to bring an end to the violence in Syria.
* Muslim Brotherhood switches its focus from Egypt to Syria Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood, ousted from power by the military, has intensified its participation in the Sunni revolt in Syria.
* Muslims celebrate Ramadan end, strife casts shadow Millions of Muslims paid respects at ancestral graves, shared festive family meals and visited beaches and amusement parks Thursday to mark the end of the fasting month of Ramadan, but violence and political tension overshadowed holiday joy in hotspots like Egypt, Yemen and Afghanistan.
* Al Qaeda drives Iraq toward chaos; U.S. withdrawal left door open to sectarian battle for power Security inside Iraq is unraveling at an alarming pace, and al Qaeda terrorists there aren't just pulling the thread; they're setting it on fire.
* Putin, Rouhani to meet in Kyrgyzstan next month Russian aide says Iranian president requested the sit-down; leaders expected to discuss policy, cooperation
* Obama says time to 'recalibrate' relations with Russia President cites Moscow's stance on Syria, its human rights record, and its harboring of Snowden as reasons that reassessment of ties is necessary.
* Snowden Revelation Of 'Solar-Virus' Armageddon Shocks World A grim Ministry of Health (MoH) report on information obtained from former CIA/NSA whistleblower, and "global hero to the masses," Edward Snowden reveals the Obama regimes fears of a raging pandemic due to upcoming solar storms that, according to the Americans, "may very well alter life on this planet as we know it."
* New Evidence: Jihadists Holding Training Camps in Libya New evidence reveals that Ansar al-Sharia, which is believed to be behind the Benghazi attack, is holding training camps in Libya.