* Egypt military braces for infiltration of Islamist fighters from Gaza Egypt has reinforced its military presence to block the infiltration of Palestinian fighters from the Gaza Strip.
* Egypt Orders Brotherhood Arrests Over Clashes Egypt's public prosecutor has ordered the arrest of Muslim Brotherhood supreme guide Mohammed Badie and other top leaders of the movement for inciting violence.
* Scary future ahead By the time you're done reading this article, a few dozen more babies will have been born in Egypt. In a day, their number will reach hundreds, and a week – thousands.
* Britain fears chemical catastrophe if Syria's Assad goes Syria's huge array of chemical weapons could fall into the hands of militants.
* Million Palestinians to enter Israel during Ramadan For devout Muslims in Israel and abroad, Wednesday ushers in a month-long endurance test of faith and resolve.
* IDF reinforces Golan border with eye on Hezbollah An Israeli military source on Wednesday told Reuters that Israel is bolstering its forces on the once-quiet frontier with Syria.
* UN questions Vatican over child abuse cases A major UN child rights protection body has asked the Vatican to disclose details of thousands of paedophilia cases involving Catholic clergy.
* Russia Could Suspend Syria S-300 Sale for Golan Role Israel may drop its opposition to stationing Russian troops on the Golan Heights as members of the UN peacekeeping force there.
* Ahmadinejad: Holocaust Denial Was Proudest Presidential Moment Outgoing Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has celebrated his achievements as President of Iran in the field of... Holocaust denial.
* Oldest inscription found in Jerusalem, but no one can read it An ancient inscription dating back to the time of King David, recently discovered in Jerusalem, has researchers scratching their heads.