* Jerusalem mufti: Temple Mount never housed Jewish Temple Sheikh Muhammad Ahmad Hussein says Al-Aqsa Mosque has been atop disputed holy site 'since creation of the world'.
* Israelis/Jews "defile" Muslim and Christian holy sites Muslim and Christian holy sites in "Palestine" are "defiled" and "desecrated" by the presence of Israelis/Jews. This hateful demonization is often expressed by Palestinians, including Palestinian leaders.
* Netanyahu Promises More Attacks on Iranian Forces in Syria Israel has broken with its previous policy of ambiguity, and is today saying forthrightly that it has attacked Iranian targets in Syria, and will do so again.
* Explainer: Where do the Kurds fit into Syria's war? The future of Kurdish-led swathes of northern and eastern Syria has been thrown into doubt by President Donald Trump's decision to withdraw U.S. troops who have helped secure the territory.
* Palestinians Deny Kippah-Wearing Cop Entry to Temple Mount Palestinian guards working for the Waqf (Muslim Authority) on the Temple Mount refused entry to an Israeli policeman on Monday afternoon because he was wearing a kippah (head covering worn by religious Jews).
* Report: Turkey Has 80,000 Soldiers on Hand for Syrian Invasion The ardently pro-Turkish government newspaper Yeni Safak reported Monday that Ankara has prepared 80,000 troops to invade the Kurdish region of northern Syria in anticipation of the United States' withdrawal from the area.
* The Many Problems with Erdogan's Plan for Syria For Americans in favor of leaving Syria but with reservations about doing so, do not take solace in Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erdogan's recent op-ed in the New York Times , for it is insincere political theater masquerading as an olive branch.
* Erdogan Is Wrong on Syria. Turkey Cannot Get the Job Done. In May 2015, the secular daily newspaper Cumhuriyet published on its front page a video and photographic evidence of arms deliveries by the Turkish intelligence services to Islamist groups in Syria.
* Persian monarchy of 2500 years ended with fall of Shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi Trouble had been brewing in Iran for years, but tensions seemed to be coming to a climax in late 1978.
* UK Parliament on cusp of historically momentous Brexit vote After two years of negotiations and one delayed vote, British Prime Minister Theresa May will finally present her Brexit plan to the House of Commons.