Friday, April 30, 2010
Thursday, April 29, 2010
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Monday, April 26, 2010
* Netanyahu: No plans to strike Syria Netanyahu tells Likud faction meeting, 'There is no truth to hints that Israel is planning move against Damascus'.
* Iraq Political Crisis Worsens as Court Bars Candidates A special electoral court in Iraq disqualified a winning candidate in last month’s election on charges he once was a member of Saddam Hussein’s Baath Party, two officials said.
* President Omar al-Bashir declared winner of Sudan poll Sudan's President Omar al-Bashir has been declared the winner of this month's landmark elections, despite facing war crimes charges over Darfur.
* Diplomatic Coup for PA: Obama Invites Abbas PA Chairman Mahmoud Abbas has scored a diplomatic coup with an invitation from U.S. President Barack Obama to visit Washington as media analysts conclude that the president is toning down his criticism of Israel.
* Don’t talk to aliens, warns Stephen Hawking The aliens are out there and Earth had better watch out, at least according to Stephen Hawking.
* Who’s afraid of a nuke-free zone in the ME? Without Iran’s participation in a regional arms-control process, Egypt’s proposal is meaningless.
* Nationalist Protesters: Netanyahu Is Not Mitchell’s Clerk Nationalist activists Baruch Marzel and Itamar Ben-Gvir proclaimed at the end of their hour-long march in the Silwan neighborhood of Jerusalem.
* Obama Hosts Muslim Entrepreneurs U.S. President Barack Obama began a two-day summit Monday bringing together entrepreneurs from dozens of countries, most of them primarily Muslim.
* East Jerusalem construction frozen De facto freeze proceeds despite Netanyahu's disapproval.
Saturday, April 24, 2010
Friday, April 23, 2010
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Monday, April 19, 2010
* Netanyahu, Barak honor the fallen In Remembrance Day speech, PM says all Israelis yearn for peace.
* Gates: US has a plan for Iran Denies writing "wake-up call" memo to Obama administration.
* Bill Clinton: I'll back Obama on new Mideast peace plan Former US president tells ABC administration 'must do something to deprive Israel, PA of any excuse not to engage in serious negotiations'
* Iraqi panel orders vote recount in Baghdad A panel Monday ordered a recount of ballots cast in Baghdad in Iraq's March 7 election, raising the prospect of a change in the results that gave a cross-sectarian group backed by minority Sunnis a slim lead.
* Iran reveals air defense system Annual army parade showcases Islamic Republic's surface-to-surface Ghadr, Sajjil and Shahab-3 missiles, as well as air defense system similar to Russian-made S-300.
* For Chinese, Web Is the Way to Entertainment The daily Web habits of a typical 18-year-old college student named Li Yufei show why American Internet companies, one after another, have had trouble penetrating what is now the world’s most wired nation.
* The Memorial Day-Independence Day Link Memorial Day for Israel's Fallen and Victims of Terrorism will end, as do other Jewish holidays, at nightfall, and the somber nature of the day will give way to the gaiety and festivities of Israel’s 62nd Independence Day.
* Knesset Speaker: Jerusalem Must be United from Within Knesset Speaker Ruby Rivlin, a scion of the famed Land of Israel-building Rivlin family, in Independence Day speech: “We will not apologize for having liberated Hevron or building Jerusalem.”
* Tony Blair stranded in Jerusalem Former British PM's plans for general election campaigning due to Icelandic volcano ash cloud
* Bishop urges EU leaders to criticize Vatican 'stupidity' Roman Catholic bishop has called on EU leaders who are Christians to speak out against the Vatican if it makes "stupid" remarks, such as a recent declaration that homosexuality causes pedophilia.
Saturday, April 17, 2010
Friday, April 16, 2010
Thursday, April 15, 2010
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Monday, April 12, 2010
* Israel remembers 6 million Jews Two-minute siren wails across country as Israelis honor memory of Shoah victims. Memorial ceremonies held at Yad Vashem, Knesset; PM Netanyahu, President Peres read out names of relatives who died in Holocaust
* PM slams world silence on Iran Netanyahu warns Iran’s genocidal intentions reminiscent of holocaust.
* Think Tank Speculates War Could Break Out with Syria The increasingly open threats made by Syrian leaders and members of the Hezbollah terrorist group in Lebanon have led analysts to warn that war may be on the horizon.
* US Expert Predicts 'Oil and Gas Rush' to Israel A US energy industry expert estimates that international companies may soon join exploration efforts for oil and gas in Israel.
* Gates: Nuclear Iran not inevitable In Moscow, Russia assures MKs it won't send S-300s to Iran for now.
* US President Barack Obama warns of nuclear terrorism President Barack Obama has said the biggest threat to US security is the possibility of a terrorist organization obtaining a nuclear weapon.
* Hungary's right-wing opposition claims election win Hungary's conservative opposition party, Fidesz, has secured a convincing victory in parliamentary elections, ousting the Socialists.
* EU sees upswing in antisemitic attacks The number of antisemitic incidents mushroomed in many western EU countries in 2009 due to an organized anti-Gaza war campaign.
* Clinton downplays Netanyahu no-show at summit Secretary of State Hillary Clinton denied the United States had been blindsided by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's decision to pull out of President Obama's nuclear security summit.
* Turkey to Challenge Israel, Support Hamas Turkey is planning a gesture that will challenge Israel and provide support to Gaza's Hamas leaders next month.
Saturday, April 10, 2010
Friday, April 09, 2010
Thursday, April 08, 2010
Wednesday, April 07, 2010
Tuesday, April 06, 2010
Monday, April 05, 2010
* Egypt works day and night for Gaza Situation must not deteriorate further, Cairo official tells Al-Sharq Al-Awsat.
* Gaza factions discuss unity, truce Hamas, PFLP and others vow to coordinate on both armed and "popular" resistance.
* Ex-NY Mayor Koch: Obama Anti-Israel "In Order to Please Muslims" President Barack Obama is anti-Israel and "is willing to throw Israel under the bus in order to please Muslim nations," former New York City Mayor Ed Koch charged.
* Fayyad Copies Jewish Passover Prayer: Next Year in Jerusalem Palestinian Authority Prime Minister Salam Fayyad Saturday night copied a 2,000-year-old Jewish prayer and told Christians in Bethlehem, "Next year, Inshallah [Allah willing], we will celebrate in ... Jerusalem, the capital of the Palestinian state."
* Earthquake rocks western Mexico A 7.2 magnitude earthquake has hit the Mexican peninsula of Baja California, killing two people and causing tremors as far away as Nevada.
* Russia: Bomber kills 2, Islamic insurgency spreads A suicide bomber blew himself up at a police station in a troubled Russian province Monday, killing two officers and wounding two others as Islamic insurgency continues to spread across the region.
* Unserious About Iran Obama is acting as if he believes a nuclear Tehran is inevitable.
* Terror-Prone US Allies Force Obama to Relax Airport Security The Obama administration has cancelled airport security restrictions on 14 terror-related countries, including American Muslim allies such as Saudi Arabia.
* Attack on US consulate in Peshawar, Pakistan At least seven people have died after militants attacked the US consulate in the north-western Pakistani city of Peshawar.
* Iran: Ties with China improving Saeed Jalili says pressure used by six powers on nuclear issue have brought Beijing, Tehran closer