* Markets surge after crisis talks US shares have risen strongly in early trading as investors welcome fresh efforts by global leaders to end the recent financial turmoil.
* Time is Running Out For Solution Time is running out for a peaceful resolution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict leading to a two-state solution.
* Week-Long Sukkot Holiday Begins Monday Night The seven-plus-one Sukkot holiday, which begins Monday night, features temporary dwellings, Four Species, and much rejoicing.
* Palestinians ready for reconciliation Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas said Sunday the rift between Fatah and arch-rival Hamas must end.
* The failing markets' impact on diplomacy With the global financial hurricane still raging, it is clear to all that everyone and everything is going to get wet.
* Barak: Set up task force on settler violence Defense Minister Ehud Barak has ordered his deputy, Matan Vilna'i, to establish an inter-agency task force to coordinate efforts to stop the current wave of settler violence.
* Paulson calls for global cooperation on financial crisis US Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson called for coordinated, international steps to deal with the global financial crisis.
* Hinduism vs. Christianity in India India, the world's most populous democracy and officially a secular nation, is today haunted by a stark assault on one of its fundamental freedoms.
* Iraq: Businessman killed as attacks on Christians continue Gunmen killed a Christian businessman and wounded his nephew in a drive-by shooting in Mosul.
* Restored Synagogue Reopens in Old City's Muslim Quarter Following years of archaeological digs in the area, the Ohel Yitzhak (Tent of Isaac) synagogue was rededicated on Sunday.