* D-Day anniversary: Veterans mark historic invasion Almost 2,000 veterans and world leaders are attending the main commemoration event marking the 70th anniversary of the D-Day landings in France.
* Nasrallah: Assad election win shows West has failed The "massive" turnout in Syria's presidential election and President Bashar Assad's sweeping victory in the polls shows the civil war and the West's conspiracy against Syria have failed.
* Netanyahu 'loathes' Obama, Israel's opposition leader charges Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu "loathes" Barack Obama, and his hostile attitude to the US president constitutes a danger to Israel's well-being.
* Jerusalem is the '2016 Islamic Tourism Capital' A Palestinian Authority (PA) official said Thursday that the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) chose Jerusalem as the "capital of Islamic tourism" for 2016.
* Ya'alon blasts 'sweet talking' Palestinian leadership In the wake of this week's swearing in of an interim Palestinian unity government, Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon condemned the Palestinian leadership.
* Vatican insists pope not meddling in Mideast politics with Peres-Abbas invite Pope Francis hopes an unprecedented meeting of the Israeli and Palestinian presidents at the Vatican on Sunday can help end "eternal negotiations" and lead to peace.
* Peres to Sisi: Israel remains committed to peace with Egypt President Shimon Peres spoke on Friday with Egyptian President-elect Abdul Fatah al-Sisi, highlighting Israel's continued commitment to peace.
* Ukraine crisis: Moscow and Kiev seek 'end to bloodshed' Russian President Vladimir Putin and Ukrainian President-elect Petro Poroshenko have called for a quick end to the bloodshed in eastern Ukraine.
* Rising red tide: China's navy, air force rapidly expanding its size and reach Beijing is growing the size and reach of its naval fleet.
* Temple Mount archaeological project yields treasure, unearths conflict For three of the world's faiths, the Temple Mount bears special sanctity and significance.