* Report: Hezbollah, Syria to join forces in future clash with Israel Kuwait's al-Rai daily says Lebanon-based group, Syrian army have created a joint military command, dividing potential war fronts.
* US: Rabbi's 'offensive' remarks harm peace efforts US State Department spokesman condemns Rabbi Ovadia Yosef's 'inflammatory' statement that all Palestinians should perish.
* Netanyahu: I never promised to extend West Bank settlement construction freeze Netanyahu tells Likud ministers that future of settlements will be discussed as a final-status issue in peace talks with the Palestinians.
* Ashton hits back at Kouchner over Middle East talks EU foreign affairs chief Catherine Ashton has defended her plan to go to China instead of to Thursday's Middle East peace talks following criticism by French foreign minister Bernard Kouchner.
* Abbas wants talks according to Quartet PA launches campaign to sell peace talks to Palestinians and Israelis.
* Obama says not worried by Muslim 'rumors' Asked about persistent accusations that he wasn't born in US, president responds, 'I can't spend all my time with my birth certificate plastered on my forehead'
* Gaddafi gives lesson on Islam to young Italians Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi, who considers himself self-styled feminist, gives lesson on Islam and copies of the Quran to a few hundred young Italian women recruited by modeling agency in Rome.
* Chinese state TV confirms visit by NKorea's Kim China and North Korea confirmed Monday that their leaders met while Kim Jong Il was on a secretive trip to China.
* 2,000 year-old cameo found in Jerusalem Israel Antiquities Authority excavation yields semi-precious onyx.