* Gaddafi elected as next AU leader Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi has been elected as chairman of the 53-nation African Union.
* Netanyahu says Iran will not get hands on nukes Benjamin Netanyahu, Israel's leading candidate for prime minister, said that Iran "will not be armed with a nuclear weapon."
* EU and China to fight financial crisis EU-China co-operation is crucial to solving current financial problems, said Mr Barroso.
* Israel may reject Turkish arms request As Turkish-Israeli diplomatic relations continue to crumble, the close ties between the two countries in other areas are being reexamined as well.
* Mashaal thanks Iran for help in Gaza Hamas exiled leader Khaled Mashaal thanked his Iranian backers, saying Teheran played a "big role" in helping the terror group during the IDF's Operation Cast Lead offensive in Gaza.
* Abbas: Hamas must accept my authority Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas said that he will not hold reconciliation talks with the rival Hamas group unless it accepts his authority.
* Could ecoterrorists let slip the bugs of war? Insects can spread disease and destroy crops with devastating speed. Do not underestimate their potential as weapons
* France and Germany call summits on financial crisis As the effects of the financial are being increasingly felt in Europe, the leaders of the EU's two biggest nations are both to organise extraordinary meetings aiming to deal with the crisis.
* National Union candidate: Kahane was right Dr. Michael Ben-Ari, No. 4 on rightist party's Knesset list, offers to expel Israel's Arabs to countries such as Venezuela and Turkey, seeks to banish 'leftists' from High Court, and believes in rebuilding Temple in Jerusalem.