* 'Russian troops deployed' in Ukraine - Petro Poroshenko Ukraine's President Petro Poroshenko has accused Russia of deploying its troops in the east of his country.
* UN Confirms 43 Peacekeepers Captured by Syrian Rebels on Golan Syrian rebels have taken UN personnel prisoner after they took over the area near the Quneitra border crossing on the Golan Heights.
* Spanish Cleric: 'Allah Destroy the Jews, Spare None of Them' In a recent Friday sermon by a Muslim cleric in Azuqueca De Henares, Spain, the rampant anti-Semitism palpable in that country was put on display in rare fashion.
* Syria conflict: IS 'kills dozens of Assad soldiers' Jihadist militants from Islamic State (IS) appear to have killed "dozens" of Syrian army soldiers, activists say.
* Media are Hamas's main strategic weapons, says visiting US historian Western news organizations have failed to see and understand Hamas's media strategy as part of a long global jihad war.
* PA official: Hamas should admit defeat Mahmoud al-Habbash, a senior advisor to Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas, on Thursday hinted that Hamas and other Palestinian groups in the Gaza Strip should admit their defeat in Operation Protective Edge.
* PA to tell UN: Force Israel out of W. Bank, or we'll seek war crimes charges in The Hague A senior Fatah official announced on Thursday that the PLO would submit an application to the United Nations Security Council next month demanding a "timetable" for an Israeli withdrawal to the pre-1967 lines.
* Turkey's Erdogan is inaugurated as president Recep Tayyip Erdogan has been officially sworn in as Turkish president after winning the country's first public vote for head of state.
* Ebola outbreak: WHO warns that virus could infect 20,000 The World Health Organization says the deadly Ebola outbreak in West Africa could infect more than 20,000 people before it is brought under control.
* Captured Hamas Militants Spill the Beans on Gaza War Crimes During the summer's Gaza war, hundreds of Hamas militants surrendered to or were otherwise captured by Israeli forces.