* US President Bush makes a surprise visit to Iraq US President George W. Bush made a surprise visit to Iraq on Monday, using the war zone as a backdrop to argue his case that the buildup of US troops is helping to stabilize the nation.
* Remnants of the Second Temple Being Destroyed by Islamic Wakf A large trench being dug on the Temple Mount is destroying a never before uncovered section of the outer wall of the Second Temple.
* Iran 'reaches key nuclear goal' Iran has met a key target for its nuclear programme and now has 3,000 centrifuges enriching uranium, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has said.
* Lebanon War was a warning shot Counter-terrorism expert says Second Lebanon War provided 'unique opportunity' to resolve problems ahead of potential clash with Iran.
* Right-wing group announces 5 new planned outposts Ne'emanei Eretz Israel movement responds to renewed government talks on settlement evacuation by declaring intention to establish five new outposts during Sukkot holiday.
* China vows defence transparency China has agreed to start reporting its military spending to the UN and resume a practice of giving data about import and export of conventional weapons.
* Livni warns Rice: Summit could fail due to unreasonable goals Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni has begun formulating "realistic" goals for the Washington Mideast summit scheduled for November.
* Iran replaces Revolutionary Guards chief Iran's supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei Saturday replaced the head of the elite Revolutionary Guards force, in a surprise move at a time of mounting tension with the West.
* PA Chairman overhauls Palestinian election law Palestinian Authority Chairman Mahmoud Abbas on Sunday announced changes in the Palestinian election law aimed at bolstering his Fatah party against the rival Hamas group.
* Hezbollah video game targets Israel The Lebanese armed group Hezbollah has launched a new computer game with Israel as the enemy.