* IAF Chief: Iran source of most threats to Israel Israel's need to deal with developing threats before they begin having an impact on the country's security is growing.
* Israel seen gearing up for possible war in north Israel is growing increasingly concerned that Syria's ongoing civil war is going to result in open conflict.
* IAF chief warns against complacency on Syria IAF Chief Maj.-Gen. Amir Eshel warned Tuesday that Israel cannot remain complacent vis-a-vis the growing chaos is Syria.
* Egypt's army chief warns of 'state collapse' amid crisis Egypt's armed forces chief has warned the current political crisis "could lead to a collapse of the state".
* EU: Extremism at its Highest Level Since World War II Violent extremism is at its highest level in Europe since World War II and is becoming the continent's top security threat.
* Iran sentences American pastor Saeed Abedini to 8 years in prison Christian pastor Saeed Abedini, an American imprisoned in Iran on charges of evangelizing, was sentenced this morning to eight years in prison.
* Israeli Troops Swap Guns for Computers as Cyber Attacks Rise At an army base outside Tel Aviv, soldiers sit in front of screens glued to scrolling colored computer code, keyboards at the ready to deflect attacks.
* Bethlehem bans contact with Israel In a further demonstration of Palestinian Authority intransigence, the mayor of Bethlehem on Sunday issued an order barring direct contact with Israel.
* US to Deploy Drone Near Mali to Surveil Al-Qaeda Terrorists The US military plans to set up a base for drones in northwest Africa to bolster surveillance of Al-Qaeda's affiliate in the region and allied Islamist extremists.
* Mashaal gearing for PLO bid The London-based Arabic newspaper Al-Quds Al-Arabi reported Tuesday that Hamas Politburo Chief Khaled Mashaal plans to seek the chairmanship of the Palestinian Liberation Organization.