* On its 66th birthday, Israel's population nears 8.2 million As Israel prepares to celebrate its 66th birthday, the Central Bureau of Statistics released a report on Thursday estimating the country's population at 8.18 million.
* The Future of Supersonic Flight No civilian travelers have flown aboard supersonic jets since the Concorde fleet was grounded in 2003.
* Russia: Ukraine's actions leading to catastrophe Russia warned on Friday that Ukraine's use of the army against its own people in the east will lead to catastrophe.
* Chaos in southern Ukraine: Deadly fire, choppers down and street fighting Deadly street fighting, helicopters shot down and civilians being used as human shields.
* Growing number of Americans fighting in Syria's civil war The Federal Bureau of Investigation said that it considers Americans fighting in the Syrian civil war a "growing problem for US intelligence and law enforcement."
* The 6 Biggest Lies About Benghazi An email demonstrates that the White House lied when it said it did not skew for political reasons the talking points provided to Rice.
* Al-Aksa mosque Imam says Arab legions to liberate Haifa, Safed, Jaffa, Beit Shean The Al-Aksa mosque has been involved with promoting extreme rhetoric in the past.
* Israel prepares to mourn 23,169 casualties of war and terrorism Israel is set to pay tribute to 23,169 casualties of war and terrorism who have fallen since 1860.
* Saudi Arabia Shows Off Chinese Missiles Saudi Arabia's military for the first time displayed Chinese made intermediate-range missiles .
* Iraq vote count under way in poll hailed by US and UN Vote counting is under way in Iraq after the country's first parliamentary poll since US troops withdrew in 2011.
* Iran terror network prolific Iran continues to arm and finance a terrorist network that extends from South Asia to the Horn of Africa.