* PA official: Sudan to become third ‘backstabbing’ Arab country “We have seen reports suggesting that the Trump plan includes a scheme to settle Palestinian refugees in Arab countries, including Sudan. If true, this would be a very dangerous development.”
Friday, October 23, 2020
* ‘Yes, yes, yes’: Why peace with Khartoum would be true paradigm shift for Israel The big, poor African state and the small, rich Gulf monarchies couldn’t be more different; for a start, unlike Bahrain and the UAE, Sudan actually went to war against Israel.
* Russia's attempts to move closer to Egypt is made possible by US absence BEHIND THE LINES: The efforts of Moscow to assert itself as a power in the Eastern Mediterranean should sound a cautionary note.
* How the U.S. Can Help Israel Maintain its Military Edge President Trump rightly heralded recent peace agreements Israel made with the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain as "the dawn of a new Middle East."
* A powerful & game-changing Russia/China military alliance is ‘quite possible’ in future but not on the cards yet, says Putin An alliance between two of the planet's three most powerful militaries would profoundly alter the world order. Vladimir Putin believes that it is possible in the future that Russia and China could unite, but not yet necessary.
* Hamas has secret cyber headquarters in Turkey - report The headquarters deal primarily with funding and coordination and was set up two years ago in Turkey's most populous city, Istanbul.
* In France, Macron Claims That ‘Fear is About to Change Sides’ Will the murder of Samuel Paty at long last lead France to do what it must to meet the Islamic threat within?
* War To Continue in Nagorno-Karabakh Until Turkey’s Appetite Is Suppressed Absent a dampening Western influence, Armenians are trapped in a devastating war and further regional escalation looms.
* Antisemitism rising in anti-vaxxer movement, UK study finds The study analyzed 27 of the leading anti-vaccination groups present on Facebook and Twitter, with 79% of them having content that was deemed antisemitic.
* Watch: U.N. Chief Guterres Praises Pope for Backing Same-Sex Civil Unions The decision by Pope Francis to offer his tentative support for civil union laws for same-sex couples was praised Thursday by U.N. chief Antonio Guterres.
Posted by Shofar Communications at 10:43 AM