* Hordes attend Hamas' Gaza anniversary Tens of thousands of Hamas supporters, waving the militant movement's green flags and honking car horns in celebration, marked the 24th anniversary of the founding of Gaza's ruling group.
* 'Iran may soon start nuclear work in new underground facility' Iran could soon launch sensitive atomic activities in an underground facility deep inside a mountain.
* Hundreds in Fallujah burn U.S. flag to celebrate troops pulling out of Iraq Hundreds of Iraqis set alight U.S. and Israeli flags on Wednesday as they celebrated the impending pullout of American forces from the country in the former insurgent bastion of Fallujah.
* Egypt Heads to Polls for Round 2 Egyptians are heading to the polls for round two of their parliamentary elections.
* Violent pushback from West Bank Jews shocks Israeli government The government of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, despite warnings by the intelligence community, has been stunned by the ferocity of Jewish resistance to demolition operations in the West Bank.
* Political union beginning to take shape, Merkel says German Chancellor Angela Merkel has said a political union is beginning to take shape in the EU.
* Poland sees praise for EU presidency in turbulent times EU politicians praised Poland on Wednesday (14 December) for the way it has handled the six-month rotating presidency.
* Abbas: EU should support Palestinian UN statehood bid The European Union should support the Palestinians' recognition bid at the United Nations.
* Clinton slams Gingrich comments on Palestinians Newt Gingrich's comment that the Palestinians are an "invented people" was unhelpful, US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said.
* Iran seeks to calm Turkey over missile threat Iran's foreign minister has told Turkey that threats by Iranian political and military figures to strike Turkish missile defenses if attacked do not represent official policy.