* Security and Defense: Preparing for war on all fronts The IDF’s multi-year plan, unveiled to the press this week, was for the most part a continuation of the last plan.
* Syria to Lift Emergency Law, Leader Says Syria's president said Saturday he expects state of emergency laws that have been in effect for nearly 50 years to be lifted by next week at the latest.
* Iran Leaders Backpedal Over Movie Predicting Destruction of Israel An Iranian film unmasking Iran’s true objectives — annihilation of Israel — has President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad backpedaling over the backlash associated with it.
* Ayalon: There's no other solution than to topple Hamas Deputy Foreign Minister Danny Ayalon on Saturday said that "Hamas is a brutal terrorist organization whose aim is to destroy Israel," adding that the Gaza-based group's regime should be toppled.
* Arab World: The kingdom’s fearless radicals The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan was expected by some observers to be the first Arab Middle Eastern state to experience sweeping changes.
* 'Officer in N. Command warns Hezbollah commanders' According to a report in the London-based Al-Hayyat Arabic-language newspaper Saturday, a senior officer in the IDF's Northern Command sent a warning to 150 Hezbollah commanders in southern Lebanon against firing rockets into Israel.
* Libya conflict: Gaddafi 'cluster bombing Misrata' Pro-government forces in Libya have been accused by a human rights campaign group of using cluster bombs, which are banned by more than 100 countries.
* Europe urges restraint amid Syrian unrest Official Syrian news Agency SANA reported Saturday afternoon that a police officer was beaten to death with sticks and stones during a Friday protest in the city of Homs.
* Eyeing nuclear sites, Iran tests new anti-aircraft missile Iran on Saturday tested a new anti-aircraft missile system dubbed the Sayyad-2 and the country's defense officials said the system will be deployed throughout the country in the near future.
* Obama likens Pessah liberation to changes in Mideast US President Barack Obama sent his "warmest wishes to all those celebrating the sacred festival of Passover" Friday night.