* Russia seeks stronger ties with Syria Russia announced Friday it was renovating a Syrian port for use by the Russian fleet in what signals an effort for a better foothold in the Mediterranean amid the rift with the United States over Georgia.
* Ahmadinejad: Iran will support Hamas until collapse of Israel Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad vowed Friday to keep supporting the Palestinian militant group Hamas until the "collapse of Israel."
* U.S. Refuses to Aid Israel in Iran Attack The United States has turned down Israeli requests for military assistance in attacking Iran’s nuclear facilities.
* Israel-Palestinian deal includes refugees, east Jerusalem According to a report by the Qatari Al-Sharq, the new agreement taking form between Israel and the Palestinian Authority will include the admittance of 20,000 Palestinian refugees into Israel.
* Bush Changes Direction in Afghan Conflict U.S. President George W. Bush has in the last week changed direction on his war policies placing more emphasis on Afghanistan than in the past.
* EU in crop biofuel goal rethink European Union lawmakers have voted to set a limit on targets to increase the use of road transport biofuels.
* In Paris, pope reminds Europe of its religious roots Starting his first visit to France as pope, Benedict XVI touched Friday on central themes of his papacy.
* Saudi judge condemns 'immoral TV' The most senior judge in Saudi Arabia has said it is permissible to kill the owners of satellite TV channels which broadcast immoral programs.
* Russia says it must stake claim to Arctic resources Russia must stake its claim to a slice of the Arctic's vast resources, the secretary of Russia's Security Council said.* Muslims Continue Pushing Christians Out of Bethlehem The Muslim Fatah-controlled authority in Judea and Samaria is encouraging a "sharp demographic shift" in Bethlehem.