* July 4th: America's 245th birthday, and what it meant for US Jews The Declaration of Independence and the American Revolution had significant meaning for the Jewish communities of the 13 Colonies, due to the importance of religious freedom.
Monday, July 05, 2021
* Israel's new government compromises in West Bank, signaling continuation of Netanyahu's policies "Ultimately this compromise deal is really just a de facto approval of the outpost remaining,” said one analyst.
* Saudi Arabia moves towards the Gulf peace train with Israel Indications of a radical policy turnaround in Riyadh towards jumping aboard the peace wagon rolling forward between Gulf nations and Israel were highlighted in a column published on July 1 by Asharq Al-Awsat, the London- based publication close to the Saudi royal house.
* Iran closer than ever to obtaining a nuclear weapon, former IDF chief says Eisenkot says Israeli officials guilty of 'fanfare' by advertising involvement in sabotage operations.
* Is Iran preparing a new series of attacks on US, Israel with proxies? This is the scenario the US has been concerned about for years. The pro-Iran attacks may spill over to Syria.
* There is no Israel, only “Palestine” – PA cartoon erases the entire State of Israel A cartoon published by the official PA daily shows the PA map of “Palestine” erasing the entire State of Israel, thereby visually expressing the PA ideology that does not recognize Israel’s right to exist in any borders. [Official PA daily Al-Hayat Al-Jadida, June 21, 2021]
* US wants Salam Fayyad to replace Mahmoud Abbas in PA - report Many members of the ruling Fatah faction are opposed to the return of Fayyad as prime minister, while Abbas reportedly supports the idea.
* Putin, Ukraine, and Russian Red Lines Many are still wondering whether Vladimir Putin’s massive troop deployment in conflict zones in the Donbas and the Crimean Peninsula in the spring of 2021 was preparation for eventual war and territorial gain or simply a public relations exercise meant to intimidate Ukraine and the West.
* Factbox-Slow Progress in Balkan Countries' Bids to Join EU German Chancellor Angela Merkel hosts a summit with six Balkan countries on Monday to forge closer cooperation as they make slow progress in their goal of joining the European Union.
* Imposing ‘imaginary’ values risks EU collapse, Slovenian PM claims As Slovenia takes over the EU presidency, its prime minister warns that the west cannot impose its liberal views on central Europe.
Posted by Shofar Communications at 10:24 AM