* REPORT: Bennett and Biden on Collision Course Over Dividing Jerusalem US President Joe Biden’s 2020 campaign promise to reopen the US consulate in East Jerusalem that was closed down during the former US President Donald Trump era.
Tuesday, June 22, 2021
* First no-confidence motion in government defeated A vote will be held next week on extending an ordinance preventing the family reunification of Palestinians and Israeli Arabs.
* Hamas Chief Warns U.N. Envoy: Israel Will Face Renewed Violence if Qatari Millions Not Transferred Hamas terror chief Yahya Sinwar warned United Nations envoy Tor Wennesland on Monday the terror group would resume violence if Israel failed to allow $30 million in Qatari donations to be transferred to Gaza, Israel’s public broadcaster reported.
* Bennett: ‘Raisi’s election is last chance for world powers to wake up before returning to the nuclear agreement’ Unfortunately, Biden’s handlers are almost certain to ignore Bennett’s warning, and will continue to rush headlong down the path of destruction they have chosen.
* Thousands march across Judea and Samaria against Palestinian takeover of land Some 2,000 participants warn that Israel is quietly “losing the war” over Area C.
* Iran, Russia, and Turkey: A Eurasionist Model of Foreign Relations Iran, Turkey, and Russia are building a new model of bilateral ties.
* Soviets worked with West to bring down Nazi legacy – but now NATO expansion risks tearing Europe apart once again, Putin says Russian President Vladimir Putin has warned that a new arms race is underway in Europe, driven by instability and tension, while insisting his country stands ready to rebuild friendly relations with nations across the continent.
* Iran’s new president likely to usher in new era of defiance and hegemony The nuclear issue, coupled with the incoming hardliner Ebrahim Raisi, tops the region’s concerns. The most pressing questing for Israel is what steps to take next.
* EU commissioner calls to reconsider aid after antisemitism in PA textbooks The commissioner's remarks came the day after the European Commission released the report showing instances of antisemitism and incitement to violence in PA textbooks.
* Israel has already tested a digital shekel cryptocurrency The concept of issuing such a currency has been in discussion since 2017, but it decided to accelerate its research and preparation for the potential issuance.
Posted by Shofar Communications at 11:06 AM