* Iran: We Can Destroy US Bases 'In Minutes' Iran on Wednesday claimed it has the capability to destroy US bases "within minutes.".
* Iraq says al-Qaida fighters flowing into Syria Iraq's foreign minister says the government has "solid information and intelligence" about al-Qaida militants infiltrating Syria from Iraq to carry out attacks.
* Hamas PM to meet Islamist president of Egypt A Palestinian official says Gaza's prime minister will head to Cairo within the next two weeks to meet with Egypt's new Islamist president.
* Oil and politics are ancient Babylon's new curse Nowadays it seems that Babylon just can't catch a break.
* Iran: EU sanctions won't affect progress of nuclear program Newly ratified European Union sanctions targeting Iran's oil industry won't affect the progress of Tehran's nuclear program.
* As PA prepares to exhume body, Israel calls Arafat poisoning claim 'baseless' As the Palestinian Authority prepared to exhume the body of former Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat, Israeli government officials on Wednesday rejected suggestions that Israel may have poisoned him.
* Somalia facing 'fresh hunger emergency' Poor rains and continuing conflict in Somalia are threatening the recovery from last year's famine, the charity Save the Children has warned.
* 'Jordan rejecting Palestinian refugees from Syria' Jordanian authorities have been turning away Syrian refugees of Palestinian heritage or threatening to deport those who have arrived in Jordan from Syria over the past year.
* Ahmadinejad Calls Morsi, Invites Him to Tehran Egypt's newly elected Muslim Brotherhood president, Mohammed Morsi, received a phone call from his Iranian counterpart, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.
* Israelis rejoice over discovery of 'God particle' Theoretical and experimental physicists see the groundbreaking discovery of a new subatomic particle – announced Wednesday in Geneva.