* Iran's acceleration of its nuclear program angers the west Western capitals have reacted angrily to an announcement by Iran.
* Egypt army moves to secure key role in country's future The military establishment running Egypt's interim regime is discreetly moving to ensure the army retains its influence over Cairo's post-revolutionary government.
* Panel opposes political role for Egyptian military A key member of a panel drafting guidelines for Egypt's next constitution said on Wednesday that most of the group's 50 members object to giving the military a future role in politics.
* Iran claims to have shot down U.S. spy drone over nuclear site Iran has shot down an unmanned U.S. spy plane over its Fordu nuclear site.
* Beck to Christians:Call Me a Jew Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu and Glenn Beck addressed the annual Christians United for Israel conference this week.
* UN declares Somalia famine in Bakool and Lower Shabelle The UN said the humanitarian situation in southern Bakool and Lower Shabelle had deteriorated rapidly.
* Birth control coverage proposed for most health insurance plans Virtually all health insurance plans could soon be required to offer female patients free coverage of prescription birth control.
* Sectarian Clashes Deepen Tensions in Syria Syria's third-largest city, Homs, was locked down amid heavy gunfire on Tuesday, after clashes between Alawites and Sunnis triggered a violent response from security forces.
* China's global energy strategy aims at displacing U.S. influence in Central Asia It has not gone unnoticed that China is undergoing unprecedented growth and has been doing so for the past decade.
* Israel ready to talk in Jerusalem, Ramallah Israel is willing to hold peace talks with the Palestinians immediately, in Jerusalem or even Ramallah.