* Overblown war rhetoric surrounds IDF's boosted effort to quell rising Gaza violence Hamas' threats of a full-scale Gaza war and the scope of Israeli military reinforcements around the enclave are highly exaggerated, DEBKAfile's military sources report.
* Hamas Responds to Liberman: Empty threats won't affect our resilience Defense Minister Liberman warned Hamas in a Tweet on Friday morning not to escalate riots along the Gaza border.
* IDF, Hamas one miscalculation away from another Gaza War Over the past few weeks, the protests along the border fence have increased in intensity and Gazans have been hurling improvised explosive devices such as firecrackers and grenades at IDF forces.
* Is Genocide Threatening Nigeria's Christians? Is the world turning a blind eye to another imminent genocide?
* Lieberman to Hamas: Holidays are over, beware 'We got through the High Holy Days just as we had planned, without a war erupting and while exacting a heavy price from the rioters on the Gaza border,' says defense minister, hinting at Israeli response now that holidays are over.
* Top Iran Revolutionary guard warns Netanyahu will have to 'flee into the sea' 'I tell the prime minister of the Zionist regime to practice swimming in the Mediterranean because soon you will have no choice, but flee into the sea,' says deputy commander.
* Angela Merkel's Problematic Policy Toward Israel There are two disturbing aspects of Germany's policy vis-a-vis the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
* Salaries rewarding terrorists won't be stopped, says Director of PLO Commission of Prisoners Ignoring the international criticism and condemnation of the Palestinian Authority's rewarding terrorist murderers with generous salaries, Director of the PLO Commission of Prisoners' Affairs, Qadri Abu Bakr, has emphasized that these salaries will continue
* In Jerusalem, Merkel says Palestinians must accept Israel as Jewish state German chancellor says Berlin endorses two-state solution, but acknowledges there are 'many' other possible ways to solve conflict; says Iran's troops must leave Syria.
* Russia to supply India with 5 S-400 systems, defying Washington sanctions A contract for the delivery of five S-400 systems, one of Russia's most advanced anti-aircraft weapons, has been signed between Moscow and New Delhi, the Kremlin has confirmed.
* When Will the Next War Erupt in the Middle East? The Middle East is sitting on a powder keg.