* Operation Protective Edge an "impressive victory," says Ya'alon Hamas left with roughly 1/4 of pre-war rocket arsenal, defense minister says, warning of heavy blow if ceasefire broken.
* Global coalition needed to destroy Hamas, all Islamist terror, Steinitz tells US lawmakers Cooperation between the US, Western democracies, Israel and moderate Arab states is needed to eradicate scourge, minister tells visiting Congressmen.
* Islamic State's appeal presents Jordan with new test King Abdullah, a steadfast US ally who has safeguarded his country's peace treaty with Israel, is seeking to ease concerns in Jordan about the threat posed by Islamic State.
* Nato accuses Russia of violating Ukraine sovereignty Nato has accused Russia of a "blatant violation" of Ukraine's sovereignty and engaging in direct military operations to support pro-Russian rebels.
* As Gaza cease-fire holds, Arab propaganda war against Israel escalates in press, social media Palestinians and Hamas sympathizers in the Arab press attempt to disseminate the message of "victory" over Israel after the 50-day Operation Protective Edge.
* UK terror threat level raised to 'severe' The UK's terror threat level has been raised from "substantial" to "severe" in response to conflicts in Iraq and Syria, Home Secretary Theresa May says.
* Iraq conflict: Kurds 'recapture oilfields from IS' Kurdish Peshmerga forces say they have retaken oilfields near Mosul in north Iraq from Islamic State (IS) militants.
* Islamist gains prompt US to send arms to Lebanon The United States has begun delivering nearly $20 million of arms including assault rifles, anti-tank missiles and mortars to bolster Lebanon's army.
* Obama says no military strategy yet for Islamic State in Syria US president indicates that decision has not been made on whether to launch air strikes against the terror group.
* UN Confirms 43 Peacekeepers Captured by Syrian Rebels on Golan 43 peacekeepers from Fiji captured on Syrian side of Golan, where rebels fly black Al Qaeda flag.