* US Senate Democrats block last bid to kill Iran nuclear deal By vote of 56-42, Republican-majority Senate falls short of 60 votes needed in the 100-member chamber to advance the legislation.
* Israel looks to use snipers, harsher punishments to quell rock throwing Prime minister says families of underage offenders will be held accountable for their children's actions and pay massive fines.
* Likud Youth ascend to Temple Mount despite Netanyahu's opposition The youth leaders 'want to strengthen our sovereignty at our holiest site'.
* Abbas Calls for Violence Against Jewish 'Filth' on Temple Mount PA chairman praises 'martyrs' spilling blood in Jerusalem, calls to stop Jews from 'defiling Al-Aqsa Mosque with their filthy feet.'
* Saudi Arabia denounces Israeli actions at Jerusalem's al-Aksa mosque The state Saudi Press Agency quoted an official source describing the Israeli actions as an "aggression."
* Military source: Syrian army starts using new weapons from Russia The source described the weapons as highly accurate and effective.
* Watch: Children on Hamas TV Say they Want to 'Blow Up the Jews' MEMRI exposes clip from Hamas TV in which young children dressed in military fatigues say they want to wage jihad.
* Eminent Palestinian sheikh asserts right to 'self-defense' on Temple Mount Ekrima Sabri, Yasser Arafat's former top Jerusalem cleric, says violence is justified in the fight against 'Jewish extremists'.
* Abbas' 'bombshell' UN speech In an interview with Arab media, Abbas states that he is planning to shock the system by dropping a 'bombshell' at the end of his UN speech, Israeli officials warn of grave consequences if he 'breaks the rules.'
* Refugee crisis prompts snap EU summit EU leaders will hold an emergency summit on the migrant crisis on Wednesday (23 September), amid crackdowns on EU borders and disagreement on how to share 120,000 refugees.