* Islamic State: Fears grow for abducted Syrian Christians There are fears that more members of an Assyrian Christian community in north-eastern Syria were abducted by Islamic State militants than at first thought.
* 'Senior ISIS commanders killed in air strikes in Iraq, fate of leader Baghdadi unknown' A number of prominent Islamic State operatives were killed Thursday in intensive air-strikes by the US-led coaltion against the terrorist group in the Iraqi town of al-Qaim near the Syrian border, Al Arabiya reported.
* Rumsfeld: Obama Making a 'Big Mistake' in Treatment of Netanyahu Former US Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld said that he is "shocked" at the way the White House has been treating Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu.
* Russia promises manned flight to the Moon Russia has said it will continue using the International Space Station together with Nasa for nine more years, while announcing plans to begin manned flights to the Moon by 2030.
* Iran attacks replica US ship in military drill Iran's armed forces launched a speedboat attack on a giant model of a US aircraft carrier on Wednesday as the Revolutionary Guard staged military exercises in the Gulf.
* Cyprus praises Russia, lets in warships The Cypriot president has, on a visit to Moscow, showcased his country's economic dependence on Russia and the emergence of an increasing threat to EU and US unity on sanctions.
* China outpaces America in sub numbers - US admiral The Chinese Navy now has more diesel and nuclear attack submarines than America does, a US Navy admiral told lawmakers.
* Netanyahu: World has 'given up' in Iran nuke talks In his sharpest criticism yet, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said world powers "have given up" on stopping Iran from developing nuclear weapons in ongoing negotiations.
* Steinitz: Maybe Kerry Doesn't Know What We Know Strategic Affairs Minister Yuval Steinitz (Likud) was quick to fire back on Wednesday night, after Secretary of State John Kerry questioned Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu's judgment when it comes to Iran's nuclear program.
* Black hole 12bn times more massive than sun is discovered A monster black hole powering "the brightest lighthouse in the distant universe" has been discovered that is 12bn times more massive than the sun, scientists have revealed.