* Mashaal: We won't accept Israeli conditions for cease-fire Hamas leader Khaled Mashaal rejected Israel's conditions for a Gaza cease-fire.
* Urgent drive for Gaza ceasefire Diplomatic activity is intensifying over a possible ceasefire to end Israel's war with Hamas in Gaza.
* Erdogan: Bar Israel from the UN Turkey's prime minister on Friday said Israel should be barred from the United Nations .
* Hayden: Iran near nuke decision The CIA has hampered al-Qaeda's free rein in the tribal region of western Pakistan.
* Turkish PM to visit Brussels to resuscitate membership bid Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan is heading to Brussels this weekend.
* Russia seeks Syrian, Iranian help on Gaza truce Russia has asked Iran and Syria to help persuade the Palestinian Islamist movement Hamas to accept an Egyptian proposal on ending the fighting in Gaza.
* Somali executed for 'apostasy' A Somali politician has been executed after being accused of changing his religion by working with non-Muslim Ethiopian forces.
* Europe makes new threat to Russia and Ukraine on gas supplies After days of fruitless diplomacy, the European Commission threatened to review its entire relationship with Russia and Ukraine.
* Obama to Appoint Middle East Crisis Team on 'Day One' United States President-elect Barack Obama said he will appoint a team immediately after his inauguration on Tuesday.* Israel hopeful of entering end game in Gaza offensive Israel said Friday it hoped it was close to winding up the offensive it launched three weeks ago in the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip.