* Erekat: Olmert promised to remove W. Bank roadblocks Prime Minister Ehud Olmert has reportedly promised Palestinian Authority Chairman Mahmoud Abbas to release in the coming days a list of major West Bank roadblocks that will be removed.
* Bomb kills southern Iraq governor A powerful roadside bomb has killed the governor and police chief of the southern Iraqi province of Diwaniya.
* Iran mocks US: 'Wise' leaders needed US President George W. Bush's policies have harmed Washington's global image and the country needs "wise" leaders to regain its lost credibility.
* UN approves expanded Iraq mission The UN Security Council has unanimously approved a US-British resolution calling for a greater UN role in Iraq.
* Canada plans Arctic military base Canada has said it is to build a new military facility in the Arctic and renovate another in a move to assert sovereignty over the contested region.
* US, EU and Russian Envoys Meet Serbian Officials on Kosovo U.S., European Union and Russian mediators met Friday with Serbian President Boris Tadic, Prime Minister Vojislav Kostunica and other top officials in Belgrade.
* The Dangers of 'Peace'-Making The U.S. and other Western powers are pushing for a new Israeli-Palestinian breakthrough.
* Israeli web site sparks terror alert Authorities were taking extra counterterrorism precautions in response to what they said was an unsubstantiated radiological threat to the city.
* Bush warns al-Maliki on Iran The US president has rebuked Iraq's prime minister for speaking too favourably about Iran.* 'Abbas willing, truly seeks peace' "[Palestinian Authority Chairman] Mahmoud Abbas is a man of peace. He is a liberal willing to negotiate, unlike [former PA chairman Yasser] Arafat.