* Coalition of firsts: A national religious PM, most Arabs, most female ministers Many records will be broken if the Lapid-Bennett government is sworn in, from the most factions to the most journalists to the most ex-Netanyahu aides.
Saturday, June 05, 2021
* Former centre-left politician Herzog elected Israel's president Israel's parliament on Wednesday elected former centre-left politician Isaac Herzog as the country's president, a role that is largely ceremonial but also meant to promote unity among ethnic and religious groups.
* Hamas calls for Day of Rage in West Bank amid continued tensions A passing vehicle fired at a bus stop near Kiryat Arba on Friday morning with no injuries reported in the incident.
* Hamas top dog promises more jihad stabbings and fires, claims ‘this was just a general rehearsal’ American taxpayers will be funding the next round, thanks to Joe Biden’s handlers.
* Iran: Hamas already rebuilding Iran-backed rocket arsenal "The Palestinian resistance resumed production of missiles after the end of the recent Israeli aggression," Iranian media has stated.
* Netanyahu: Preventing Iran acquiring atomic weapons more crucial than US friendship At a ceremony for incoming Mossad chief David Barnea, PM said burden of prevention fell on the organization.
* Iran’s Threat to Iraq Is a Threat to the US The annual threat assessment released in April by the US Office of the Director of National Intelligence states that “Iran will remain a regional menace with broader malign influence activities.”
* EU plans digital ID wallet for bloc's post-pandemic life The European Union unveiled plans Thursday for a digital ID wallet that residents could use to access services across the 27-nation bloc, part of a post-pandemic recovery strategy that involves accelerating the shift to an online world.
* Russia Rattles Its Saber, Announces Troop Buildup on NATO's Frontier While NATO conducts one of its largest military exercises in Europe in decades, Russia has signaled its displeasure by announcing plans to mass troops on its frontier with the Western military alliance.
* Chinese Media: Beijing Must ‘Rapidly Increase the Number of Nuclear Warheads’ Hu described China’s nuclear arsenal as the “cornerstone” of China’s military policy against the United States.