* Rocket sirens sound during Netanyahu's phone conversation with Obama Premier thanks US president for supporting Israel's right to defend itself, accuses Hamas of using Palestinian civilians in Gaza as human shields.
* IDF unearths 22 Gaza tunnels, kills 40 terrorists as ground offensive enters second day Israel suffers first casualty of ground incursion; Soldiers exchange fire with militants as units seize ground in Gaza.
* Erdogan slams Egypt's Sisi as 'tyrant' over Cairo policy toward Hamas 'Is Sisi a party (to a ceasefire)? Sisi is a tyrant himself,' Erdogan told reporters. 'He is not different from the others.'
* MH17 hit by missile from rebel-held Ukraine - Obama US President Barack Obama has said a surface-to-air missile fired from a rebel-held area in east Ukraine brought down Malaysia Airlines flight MH17.
* Iranian Leader Encourages Hamas in 'Struggle Against Occupation' Khaled Mashaal speaks to Iranian Parliament leader Ali Larijani before ground offensive begins, asks entire Arab world to join in.
* Israel working to ensure EU foreign ministers don't mix settlements with Gaza at upcoming meeting French FM to arrive Saturday night; Foreign Ministry considering whether to recall representatives in Turkey.
* Hamas's war is ultimately with Egypt The terror group started a fight with Israel to get Cairo to make concessions, especially at the Rafah Border Crossing, but who remembers that now?
* IDF Commander: Hamas Blasphemes the God of Israel Striking a Davidic tone, the head of the Israeli army's Givati infantry brigade, Col. Ofer Winter, sent a letter several days ago to those of his troops amassed on the border of Gaza.
* The 'virtual reality' helmet that lets fighter pilots see in the dark without goggles - and knows exactly where its wearer is looking. It is a helmet any Top Gun would be proud to wear - and the most advanced fighter jet system ever created.
* Iron Dome shoots down nine Palestinian rockets over greater Tel Aviv The system has also shot down over two dozen Palestinian rockets that were launched on Friday at Israeli towns in the south, including Ashdod, Ashkelon, Beersheba, the Eshkol regional council, and the Gaza frontier communities.