* Iran threatens 'grave consequences' for Israel after Syria strike Iran threatened that a reported Israeli strike in Syria would have "grave consequences for Tel Aviv".
* 'Turkish FM slams Israel for strikes, Syria for inaction' Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu on Saturday slammed both Israel for reported strikes in Syria earlier in the week.
* Ahmadinejad unveils Iran's newest fighter jet Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has unveiled the country's newest fighter jet, which officials claim can evade radar.
* Panetta: Iran escalating efforts to destabilize region Outgoing US Defense Secretary Leon Panetta accused Iran of an intensified campaign to destabilize the Middle East by smuggling anti-aircraft weapons to militant allies.
* Turkish radicals claim responsibility for bombing Turkish leftist group The Revolutionary People's Liberation Party-Front (DHKP-C) said on Saturday it was responsible for a suicide bomb attack on the US embassy in Ankara.
* Russia marks 70 years since Battle of Stalingrad Russians have been celebrating the 70th anniversary of the end of the Battle of Stalingrad, with a parade by survivors of the battle.
* Mali conflict: Timbuktu hails French President Hollande Francois Hollande was speaking during a visit to the recently recaptured city of Timbuktu, where thousands welcomed him with chants of "Vive la France".
* France's parliament approve gay marriage article The French National Assembly has approved the most important article of a bill to legalise same-sex marriage.
* Iraq Sunnis protest; al-Qaida front calls to arms Tens of thousands of Sunni protesters blocked a major highway in western Iraq on Friday.
* Biden raises possibility of direct US-Iran talks The United States is ready to hold direct talks with Iran if it is serious about negotiations.