* Obama tells Iran of 'historic' opportunity US President Barack Obama has told the Iranian people that a deal to transform the relationship between the two countries could be within reach.
* UN warns of new conflict on Israel-Lebanon border Security Council urges "maximum calm and restraint" from both sides after January cross-border attack by Hezbollah.
* In call, Obama tells Netanyahu he will reassess US policy on Mideast peace Days after Netanyahu's victory, US President Obama calls him.
* Partial solar eclipse to be visible in Israel on Friday Friday's solar eclipse will be the last one visible in Israel until 2020.
* 'We can't forget' Netanyahu comments on Palestinian statehood, US says After Netanyahu seems to backtrack on his original remarks, White House press secretary says PM's statement during election campaign call into question his commitment to the pursuit of peace.
* Why the Likud Won On the morning of Election Day, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu agreed to be interviewed on Israel's Channel 10, but not before requesting that reporter Ben Caspit leave the studio.
* Iran limited to 6K centrifuges in draft accord Draft of agreement between US and Iran on nuclear program would force Iran to cut hardware by 40% for 10 years in exchange for removal of sanctions.
* 'Breathtaking' solar eclipse witnessed by millions Millions of people in the UK and northern Europe have glimpsed the best solar eclipse in years.
* EU gears up for propaganda war with Russia The European Union is set to launch a first operation in a new propaganda war with Russia within days of EU leaders giving formal approval to the campaign at a summit on Thursday.
* Archaeologists find rare bronze mask near Sea of Galilee Artifact found outside ancient city depicts Greek god Pan, is said to be of extraordinary size.