* PM: Israel has acted against US advice before Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu told congressional leaders Tuesday that Israel viewed things differently than the US did at times, because it was not a global power and was more vulnerable.
* 'Israel must be ready to strike Iran if talks fail' Head of the National Security Council Maj.-Gen. (res.) Ya'akov Amidror said Wednesday that Israel must be ready to act against Iran.
* Fast Day in Memory of Esther's 'Life-Threatening Request' Wednesday's "Fast of Esther" is in memory of Queen Esther of Persia's risking her life by approaching King Ahasueros, her husband, to save the country's Jews.
* Nazi March Banned in Latvian Capital Latvia's capital announced it would be banning demonstrations on March 16, the date of a controversial annual march honoring troops who fought on the side of the Nazis during World War II.
* Erdogan Dismisses Rumors He is Dying Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan dismissed reports that emerged in the Turkish press on Tuesday that he has cancer and only two years to live.
* Libya's Leader Threatens War to Maintain Unity Libyan leader Mustapha Abdul Jalil on Wednesday threatened to maintain national unity "with force" after tribal leaders declared semi-autonomy for an eastern region.
* What the IDF's Iran wish list would look like New smart bombs with extended ranges and greater penetration as well as landing rights on aircraft carriers are just some of the requests that would appear on an Israeli military wish list.
* Apple unveils new iPad with high-definition screen It said the resolution of the display was 2,048 by 1,536 pixels. The tablet is also powered by a new A5X chip with improved graphics performance.