* Ninth of Av Set to Begin Monday Night Monday marks the advent of Tisha B'Av, the Fast of the Ninth Day of Av, commemorating the destruction of the First and Second Temples.
* Israel pulls troops out of Gaza Israel has withdrawn its troops from the Gaza Strip to "defensive positions" outside the Palestinian territory.
* Israel, Hamas agree to Egypt proposal for 72-hour truce Officials to head to Cairo for talks on long-term deal after military says all tunnels from Gaza into Israel destroyed.
* As truce holds, Israelis set to negotiate long-term solution Preventing Hamas from rearming, with regional support, is government's top priority; Jerusalem willing to ease Gaza blockade.
* ISLAMIC STATE'S HOLIDAY GREETING: 'WE DON'T NEED ANY DEMOCRACY' The highly polished publicity wing of the terrorist group Islamic State, now trying to establish itself as a sovereign nation, continues to publish high-production videos to encourage Muslims around the world to abandon their lives and families and move to Islamic State-controlled lands in Syria and Iraq.
* Police on high alert in Jerusalem for Tisha Be'av; rioters throw firebombs at police Security forces stationed throughout the capital with emphasis on securing Jews gathered at Western Wall to pray on annual fast day.
* Hamas, Hezbollah and the tunnels: Who's inspiring whom? Hamas had been digging tunnels in Gaza for decades. But it was only after the Israeli withdrawal from southern Lebanon in 2000 that it saw them as part of the route to 'liberation'.
* IN PICTURES: Thousands rally around the world to support Israel From Guatemala to Zurich, pro-Israel activists gather to show their support for Israel during the Gaza conflict.
* Nato to strengthen military exercises after Russia 'aggression' Nato chief Anders Fogh Rasmussen has said the transatlantic military alliance will draw up new defence plans following Russia's "aggression" in Ukraine.
* Nigeria army committed atrocities, Amnesty says Nigeria's army has committed atrocities in the north-east in its fight against Islamist militants belonging to Boko Haram, Amnesty International says.